The Start of my Life's Adventures
Quincy's Diary: The Life and Thoughts of a Black Pug
March 25, 2017: Today marks 4 weeks I came home. Of course, it wasn't my home before then; I lived the first 3 months of my life in New Jersey in the United States, where I was born, but now I live in Virginia. Honestly, though, it seems like this has always been my home. You see, I'm still just a wee little thing, and at only 15 weeks old yesterday, 4 weeks is more than a quarter of my life.
![]() |
| Me in the Hound Pouch on the day I came home. Can you see me? |
Doggies outnumber humans in my family 3 to 2. Caddo is my brother, but I understand he's really my cousin. That's because my doggie Daddy is Caddo's Uncle Phil. Caddo is a little over 2 and looks just like me, only bigger. At first, Caddo was unsure what to make of me, but now, he and I have become great play buds. I love to steal Caddo's toys, run around the house with them, and get him to chase me. Sometimes he uses his size advantage on me. He steals the toys back and jumps up on the couch. I'm not able to jump on the couch yet (my little legs aren't quite big enough), but that day is coming, and then he better look out!
I also have a sister, Jilly. She seems ancient to me. I'm not sure how old she is, really; I don't think I can count that high. All I know is she's cranky and mean, like a crotchety old Grandma. Sometimes I just have to look at her and she snaps at me, so I don't go too close to her. Funny thing is, she kinda looks like my Momma, only older, with a tan body and black face like mine.
![]() |
| This is me with my brother/cousin, Caddo, and sister, Jilly. |
Anyway, these last 4 weeks have been splendid. My days are always full of lots of fun things to do. From my very first week in Virginia, my human takes me everywhere. I think he likes all the attention he gets just by having me around. Humans always come up to him and say, "Oh how cute!" He takes me every day to Dunkin Donuts. He's also even taken me into grocery stores! He tells me when he does to stay still and be quite in the little over-the-should black hound pouch he carries me in. I guess I just blend right in with the black color of the pouch. It makes me feel like a baby Kangaroo! He also takes me to work every day. He tells everyone I'm Seven Lands and Seas Travel's newest travel consultant. Sometimes, he even lets me visit the realtors next door. They have lots of doggies there, but more than that, I love all the attention I get from the ladies who work there.
As much as I love going to work and meeting lots of new people every day, I think Saturdays are my favorite days. Every Saturday for the last 3 Saturdays I get to go play with other puppies around my age at this place called FurGetMeNot. The puppies are all different sizes and none of them look like me, but it's so much fun! The 1st time I went, I wasn't quite sure what to make of it, but today, my 3rd time there, I really came out of my shell, so to speak. I think it helps that I'm a little bigger than I was the 1st time I went. Today also was extra fun because a doggie was there that I hadn't met before and we really hit it off. His name is Bowie, and I heard his human Mommy say he is a Yorkie. Anyway, we are about the same size, and he loves to play as much as I do. So, we spent 45 minutes running and wrestling. I hope I get to see him again next weekend. Oh, I also have made friends with 2 little human boys, Hudson and his younger brother. They have been there every Saturday, and they always visit me, give me hugs, and, best of all, they feed me treats!
![]() |
| This was my first day at puppy social when I was just 12 weeks old! |
Okay, well, this is my first post in my diary. I'll write more to keep you in the know on my adventures. I hope you'll follow along!




Comments
Post a Comment